The Museum is divided into four galleries with a fifth exhibition gallery currently under construction. The first gallery houses exhibits from the permanent collection while the remaining galleries are devoted to changing exhibitions.
The Museum maintains a small central gallery immediately following the entry foyer devoted to exhibitions from the permanent collections. The exhibits in this gallery are primarily in the areas of natural history and history of science. These pages have in the past and will in the future present a selection of exhibits from this gallery.
GALLERY 1: EXHIBITS FROM THE PERMANENT COLLECTIONS
This small gallery, named in honor of the individuals responsible for its inaugural exhibition, currently houses one of the Museum's longest standing and most intriguing of exhibitions entitled:
Megloaponera Foetens / The Stink Ant of the Cameroon
Bernard Maston, Donald R. Griffith and the Deprong Mori of the Tripiscum Pleateu
Fruit Stone Carving
The Horn of Mary Davis of Saughall
GALLERY 2: THE MISCH/WEBSTER GALLERY
OF ROTATING EXHIBITS
The Delani/Sonnabend Halls which occupy the entire rear quarters of the Museum's original building house a sequential array of exhibits which, when taken together, detail the lives and work of Madelena Delani, a singer of art songs and operatic material and Geoffery Sonnabend, a neurophysiologist and memory researcher who's three volume work Obliscence: Theories of Forgetting and the Problem of Matter stands a milestone in the field.
No One May Ever Have The Same Knowledge Again
Letters To Mt. Wilson Observatory
GALLERY 3: THE DELANI/SONNABEND HALLS
This, the most recently opened of the Museum's galleries was named after Owen Thum and his son Owen Thum the younger, the individuals who's devoted collecting in Southwester Nebraska between 1910 and 1930 provided the Foundation Collection from which the Museum and its current collections sprang. This gallery has, since its opening in 1993 housed rotating exhibits including the current offering:
The Delani Sonnabend Halls
of the Museum of Jurassic Technology
GALLERY 4: THE THUM ROOMS
The first phase in the Museum's 5-year stabilized expansion strategy, this gallery was built to house the debut of The Eye of the Needle: The Unique World of the Microminiatures of Hagop Sandaljian, from which it still retains some material, while also hosting the highly acclaimed
Tell The Bees...
Belief Knowledge and Hypersymbolic Cognition
GALLERY 5: THE CHURCHY MARRIN ANNEX
Opening September of 1999, this gallery will be inaugurated by the much-anticipated exhibition on the life and works of Athanaseus Kircher, 17th century polymath and proprietor of one of the very first public museums of natural history.
Garden of Eden on Wheels
Selected Collections from Los Angeles Area Mobile Home and Trailer Parks
GALLERY 6: THE COOLIDGE PAVILLION
The World is Bound With Secret Knots
The Life and Works of Athanasius Kircher, S.J. 1602-1680
Top of this Page
© 1996 The Museum Of Jurassic Technology, 9341 Venice Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232